Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bohren and Der Club of Gore - Beileid





Germany's doom jazz masters return with a three song EP that continues along their path of trance inducing minimalist songcraft. The songs progress at a glacial pace that leave me anxiously anticipating the subdued saxophone interplay with vibraphone and electric piano. Mike Patton makes an appearance on the cover of Warlock's "Catch My Heart" and the vocals are a complimentary addition to the mix. The album covers familiar ground for the four piece but it is unhallowed ground that is all their own. This is the sound of my mind breaking down.



Tracklist :

1 Zombies Never Die (blues)
2 Catch My Heart
3 Beileid






Website : http://www.bohrenundderclubofgore.de/

Label : [PIAS] Recordings

Release Date : April 22nd 2011

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your reviews--your word choices paint a picture of the music before I've even listened to it!

    ReplyDelete