Tuesday, January 22, 2013



Koldscov - Demo











Koldscov is Richard Carr from Pensacola, Florida and I found this demo by chance while surfing Youtube. His influences read like a list of my favourite bands including Agalloch, Alcest and Wolves in the Throne Room so I was very interested in hearing this. I am so glad that I did as a release like this is why I spend endless hours clicking link after link in the hopes of finding something that I've never heard before that speaks to me and this most certainly does. From the acoustic opening that sets the album in enchanted forest to the depressive black metal that is woven throughout, this album is solid. At 26 minutes it's not long but it is complete.



Tracklist

1 The End of Light
2 Buried Under the Frozen Mountain
3 Awakening the Frost Giant
4 Beset by Storm
5 She Floats Away into the Arms of Nothing
6 The Thaw of Memory


 
 
 
 
Label: Independent
 
Release Date: January 2013
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Discovered this blog post by accident. I'm glad you have connected with my material. Thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Richard, I enjoy your music very much and just purchased the last physical copy of the ep.I'm glad you stumbled across my blog and look forward to future releases. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Just to clarify. I bought the last copy of the first pressing. It looks like there will be more copies available in the near future for any fans who wish to support great independent music.

    ReplyDelete